• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How is this possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MySTiCuSS

Registered
Sorry for this question but my english isn't so good.

When i want to play a game something strange is happening, the game starts up and i am in in it. (Vice city, Matrix) So far everything is fine.
In vice city my man is walking forwards, but without pressing a key, this is the same as in the Matrix Game.
Can someone tell me how to solve this?

Hmm, I *think* I may have had that problem in VC, but that was so long ago I can't remember how I fixed it... try different drivers, maybe a patch if there is one, mess around with the game configuration, etc. is all I can think of.

Patch the Matrix see if that works...

The patch for Vice City is only needed if you are having graphicical corruption. Likely it wont fix it.
Steal a keyboard from a neighbor and see if that works...

Actually, I know in the Matrix, it is caused by having a Gamepad installed (as the game is not really equipped to support Gamepads), so when I unplugged by USB gamepad, the character would not move forward by themselves.

A USB gamepad was exactly the problem I was having with Matrix. I couldn't figure out how to set deadband on the up/down axis and sometimes the guy would walk forward without any input.

Really sucks when you walk into a hail of bullets cause the gamepad isn't calibrated.:mad:

Try the basics first...

Unplug your keyboard and start the game. Does it happen now?
Unplug your mouse and start the game. Does it happen now?
Unplug your gamepad and start the game. Does it happen now?
Use ctrl-alt-del and close all other programs that are running in the background. Does it happen now?

**Still happening? Try a cleanboot just for kicks before you start in the the magic fixes like patching and uninstall/reinstall.**

ill get that some times but usually only when i alt tab out of a game and then go back in

where its ike the right arrow keey is being presseed or stuff like that

alot of times if you push down every key on the keyboard at once a few time it goes away

Back