• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

motherboard or processor bad ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rick_323

Registered
My computer began locking up and had to shut off and restart to get it to work again.. well it continued to do this until now it will not come back on again.. Im running a abit KD7-S mobo and a amd xp2600 processor... it will not boot into the bios even either...I was having a system temp problem that exceeded the max safe limit quiet often, but the processor never did exceed its maximum temp level that was set by a hardware monitoring software that came with my mobo... thanks...

Your mobo sensors may be off, expecially software programs that come with motherboards. If your computer locks up, that means it's unstable. Judging from your case, it's because your system was running too hot. You really need to check your CPU fan to see if it's still running. You possibly could have fried part of the CPU by continuing to run it like that. Try resetting CMOS and see if it boots up that way.

if you were originally having problems and knew you were overheating your system, why did you continue to run it? anyway, try to start up your system without overclocking it. take out all your unnecessary cards and/or ram to try and isolate the problem. yes, you may have fried your mobo.

ok the system had been running fine for last three weeks then I installed this monitoring software and thats when I noticed my system tempatures were running hot in the last few days...well then yesterday it started locking up and then now it wont do anything... so I dont know if cpu or motherboard is bad... Im not overclocking the processor it is running at its factory settings... thanks for all insight on this matter....

ok cleared the cmos on the motherboard and tryed to turn on the system again still no go... I cant even get it to come up to the bios screen ..the monitor never comes on... so Im stuck there.. I dont have any extra ram laying around to see if thats the problem or not...dont know if this may pin point the problem or not but one of the blades on the processor fan broke off and it was vibrating very bad .. I had to run it like this for 2 days till it went down.. Its a work pc and the boss says use it till it goes down and get stuff on order well it went down finally so now trying to pinpoint what is needed... thanks....

tried it on a different power supply also and no go...is there any certain charecteristics that would lead one to believe weather or not it might be the processor or the mother board that went bad on me .?? thanks..

Back