• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus z690 Maximus Forumla - issues to drive you crazy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sumguy

Registered
So i put the pc had no issues until i moved from Missouri back to Michigan. Its a TTake P5 case. I wrapped it in bubble wrap and made sure it didnt move in my truck. Had no issues before I left MO

Specs are as followed:
Intel 12900, Asus max form, Teamgroup 2x16gb 6400mhz, adata 2x16 6000 (test sticks), 980 pro m2, 970 m2 and a 1tb ssd, strix 3090, evga 1600w, win 11,

Now back in Michigan nothin but issues. Started giving me detect memory errors on the read out. So i figured the memory was bad ordered some adata memory. Got me booted 50/50 of the time. Now If i restart the PC its just doesnt ever boot again it will throw the AO code and think its all good and in windows. But really I just have a black screen. If i try to use sleep. wakes up then reboots. So the only thing I can find that works every time is either leave it on and never turn it off or shut down and turn every night.. Which is annoying. For giggles i tried my old memory which seems to work now. Exactly how the adata memory works accept for if you try to restart it, it will throw detect memory errors and you have to put the adata back in to get it to boot. Someone I will get detect HDD, Check CPU, Check NVram. But once its in windows its fine ..

I have updated the bios to the newest one. I have tried Auto, Manual, XMP1 and XMP2 profiles all seem to do the same. CPU clock is auto

I have been doing IT for a very long time as a hobby and a job but this is nerve racking. I am leaning on Bad mobo. But want to see what others say.

Attachments

• 273002243_10165990267985043_7390109648636523256_n.jpg
    273002243_10165990267985043_7390109648636523256_n.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Beautiful system!! :)

Outside of the memory, have you tried reseating everything? All power cables (both ends), graphics card?

It does sound like something got damaged on transport. With so many wonky things happening, I'd look to rma the motherboard.

Beautiful system!! :)

Outside of the memory, have you tried reseating everything? All power cables (both ends), graphics card?

It does sound like something got damaged on transport. With so many wonky things happening, I'd look to rma the motherboard.
Thank you.. Ya everything has been reseated. I am leaning on the mobo my self.. Just hate draining everything. But i am due for a coolant flush and clean anyways

put a brand new motherboard in.. booted up on my test bench no issues, even on a old bios.. moved it to my desk and will not boot any more. unplugged everything nothing, put back on the test bench and nothing. now.. gives me random errors. from cmos error, detect hdd and post error, i flashed to the newest bios thru the flash back button still nothing..

The hinge system for this socket is dog **** tier. Im certain that more and more issues will start surfacing from other users as people change coolers or put on a new bracket. Compared to older CPU’s pins the fragility of lga1700 is a joke. I do not think this was a case of negligence or that I broke anything,
Post magically merged:

I created a thread for you. Your issue has nothing to do with the thread you posted in. :)

Thanks for the pics... is that the current state, these images?
Thank you,

I was getting detect HDD, code 00 then cmos error as well. I have a feeling this guy has a faulty socket as well. It seriously seems like the hinge system is capable of bending the pins.

The first two pictures are showing the initial state Then the following show a post corrected state.

Last edited:
So please stop posting in this thread..... go to yours! :)

So please stop posting in this thread..... go to yours! :)

I have the same motherboard and nearly identical issues. I feel the relevance should allow me to exchange ideas with the thread owner and I wish not to be removed from this thread sir.

I moved the posts to your own thread several minutes ago. You seem to have damaged the socket by replacing the latch. While it is possible that he has bent pins below from travelling, asking that question in this thread would be appropriate. Troubleshooting your system belongs in your own thread.... though it just seems like the pins just aren't quite in the right place. :(

Back