• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Palm Pilot Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
My friend really needs help with her palm pilot and I have no idea how to help her being that I don't use palms. Quick help is appreciated.
Here is her problem:
She was using it and opened up a game and then the whole thing froze.The screen got all liney and she can't turn it on or off and she can't recharge it.

Thanks in advance.
Matt

There should be a small hole in the back of the unit where you can use a small object like a pin to do a hard reset of the device.

Most of the palm devices I have seen have this option.

I also had this problem when I first got a palm unit and thought it was dead until I found that hidden reset button.

Hope this helps.

Al

Thanks for the quick reply, Al. I appreciate it. She already tried that and it had no response.

Matt

No Problem. She is sure she used a pin as poking it with a stylus does nothing (stylus is too large to actually depress the button).

The only other option I can think of is removing the battery or letting the battery run down which should clear the unit as well.

Al

Maximouse said:
No Problem. She is sure she used a pin as poking it with a stylus does nothing (stylus is too large to actually depress the button).

The only other option I can think of is removing the battery or letting the battery run down which should clear the unit as well.

Al

I was working on the battery thing with her because thats what I told her to do. Then you posted about the pin and I said what the helk try that and it worked. Thanks so much.

Matt

Back