• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

- - the limits of water has been reached, no further advances possible - -

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fafnir

so i guess this is it

we're stuck

there's nothing better out there anymore that we haven't seen or used

NOTHING

(well at least not for any reasonable amount of money anyways)

this is the thread about how 250.99 american dollars will get you the best water has to offer...

and 100 of it goes to Cathar for his work, giving us the first componet:

1. Cathar's Cascade Waterblock $100
2. Swiftech MCP600 12V DC Pump $80
3. Dtek Procore Combo w/shroud $50
4. Clearflex Tubing $20

and a tee-line for $0.99 + tax

so thats it, end of story, we're stuck, nothing more to come

anyone wanna help me out and tell where i've got it all wrong or tell me about something great that has yet to come?

damn

i was just telling myself to try and ignore the happy singing gnomes in the corner and look what i forgot....

You really think the Dtek Procore Combo w/shroud is the best Heater core around? I'd say NOT. It is very popular and can cool most systems with out a problem, but you can do better then that one.

The pump hasn't even seen the light of day, how can you say it is the best? You’re conclusion seems premature.

What about the fan you plan to use? Many prefer Panflos, some like papst. Others don't care about noise and select tornados or those 172mm monsters (can't remember the name)

You've picked some good items, but I don't understand why you are calling this the best. Many other factors can influence your cooling performance then just the parts you use.

the point i'm trying to make is not that these items are the best, its that with items like these its getting harder and harder to advance further in watercooling without blowing huge amount of cash....

i mean i'm trying to say that we're hitting a wall here thats pretty hard to get over, not what the wall's built out of...

fafnir said:
damn

i was just telling myself to try and ignore the happy singing gnomes in the corner and look what i forgot....

They're bugging you TOO! DAM!!! The little buggers get around

>swats at electric green butterfly < :beer:

I agree the components have gotten about as good as they're going to get, but it takes skill to succesfully bring them all together.

All I have to say is...

DEATH TO THE TIM JOINT!

The biggest hurdle/wall is the TIM joint. It's holding us back, and we need to figure out a way to make it better.

Last edited:
im gonna quote this so for people to re read so we dont get a huge post of arguments cause some might have skipped a few posts

the point i'm trying to make is not that these items are the best, its that with items like these its getting harder and harder to advance further in watercooling without blowing huge amount of cash....

What we need is Dark Matter....

or a hyperspace bubble where resistance is lowered...

Or a Hawking Point to draw out all the thermal radiation...time dilation would allow for awesome real world percieved speeds...

or how about manipulating the Planck constant of baryonic matter within a specified area of effect? This would result in serious speed increases (infinite) at zero heat cost if we could get to Zero Planck. Of course getting a readout from within the field would be a problem.....wouldnt want to stick your hand in there...nope.

Just a few suggestions is all :D

ahhh no... just and as i'm flashing my bios to an bugged older beta version and using an incompatible version of MBM so i can "perceive" my temps lower, you come up with better ideas...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:
fafnir said:
so i guess this is it

we're stuck

there's nothing better out there anymore that we haven't seen or used

NOTHING

(well at least not for any reasonable amount of money anyways)

this is the thread about how 250.99 american dollars will get you the best water has to offer...

and 100 of it goes to Cathar for his work, giving us the first componet:

1. Cathar's Cascade Waterblock $100
2. Swiftech MCP600 12V DC Pump $80
3. Dtek Procore Combo w/shroud $50
4. Clearflex Tubing $20

and a tee-line for $0.99 + tax

so thats it, end of story, we're stuck, nothing more to come

anyone wanna help me out and tell where i've got it all wrong or tell me about something great that has yet to come?

Is that a joke?

fafnir said:
ahhh no... just and as i'm flashing my bios to an bugged older beta version and using an incompatible version of MBM so i can "perceive" my temps lower, you come up with better ideas...

I have often noted that any numerical figure can be manipulated...polls...budgets...temperatures...Schmeckel size...etc. Consult your local politician for helpful tips.

And if that doesnt work take the teeny greenish white pill...you will feel better about everything then :drool:

thorilan said:
coppyman look up a few posts to the the next post of his or the one that i posted quoting him

thank you tholilam, is not a joke... :)

but it doesn't arrive close to the limit of a watercooling system with that... :cool:

he passed far

he should change the topic for, the limit of the watercooling systems without spending a lot :rolleyes:

Hmmm, personally for it'd be:

1) Waterblock of your choice
2) Danner Mag Drive Model 3 (~$45)
3) Thermochill 12.3 Radiator (~$100)
4) Clearflex tubing

fans + other bits

Or for top-end

1) Waterblock of your choice
2) Iwaki MD-20RZ (~$200)
3) Small chest freezer regassed with R404a filling with 50:50 water/alcohol (~$200)
4) Clearflex tubing

No fans required. :D

hey Cathar, how are you buying a Thermochill rad? e.g. since you're kinda in asia too, is there some way you can get it without paying more on shipping than the rad itself?

thorilan? anyone?

the only way to get them without shipping costs is either to get them from a supplier that gets them already in your local area or for the company to send you a sample and the company eats the cost of the shipping. its a real pain =(

yeah, *sigh*, i know, i asked you (thorilan) about stuff from e.g. dd and dtek too, but everytime i look up anything thermochill, its all UK and they usually want about at least 60 british pounds for shipping a single rad and thats not exactly promising either....

so when Cathar said thermochill i was wondering if he found a better way to get em' or something....

Back