• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

- - the limits of water has been reached, no further advances possible - -

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
fafnir said:
so when Cathar said thermochill i was wondering if he found a better way to get em' or something....

Sorry, I wasn't factoring in shipping costs. In Australia it'd cost something like $25-30US to ship something that size and weight via 5-10 day air-mail to most places in the world. I hadn't realised that the shipping was quite that expensive from the UK.

A limit is never an absolute thing... there's plenty of improvements to be had, as long as you realize that you'll always be facing diminishing returns. But still returns. ;)

Outcast said:
What we need is Dark Matter....

or a hyperspace bubble where resistance is lowered...

Or a Hawking Point to draw out all the thermal radiation...time dilation would allow for awesome real world percieved speeds...

or how about manipulating the Planck constant of baryonic matter within a specified area of effect? This would result in serious speed increases (infinite) at zero heat cost if we could get to Zero Planck. Of course getting a readout from within the field would be a problem.....wouldnt want to stick your hand in there...nope.

Just a few suggestions is all :D

Actually, I believe the next advances will not come at the sub-atomic but rather at the molecular (particularly crystal) level. Heat is pretty much just vibration, so using a crystal latus of the right proportions MIGHT be able to get the heat to a much wider area.

Obviously proportions would need to be exact to prevent harmonic reflections (we don't want an insulator), but...

It's infinitely safer than potentially changing the unit charge of an electron. :)

Mobius Mouse
Flappity, floppity, flip
The mouse on the Mobius strip
The strip revolved
The mouse dissolved
In a chronodimensional skip
:)

Swap out the D-Tek pro combo rad + shroud for a used car rad and it's fan from a breakers yard - $10 or so, and minimal modding to fit 1/2" connectors. Room temp water :D on 7v it should be quiet enough :)

Well I don't know if the performance will get better, but maybe the prices will come down, and the pre-made kits may actually start to be worth buying.

Right now you have to buy all the parts separately and put them together yourself. There are many problems you can run into, not to mention how time consuming it is.

I am glad I am finally watercooled, but I wouldn't do it for anyone but myself, the labor time was just too much.

Btw in the first post, you forgot clamps, and coolant.

To SemiCycle, the 172mm fans I believe were the Comair Rotron Patriots.

a little close

but still far

and expensive

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

What about modified version of the Via Aqua CC25 aquarium chiller?
chiller.jpg

are they worth the $350 price tag?

so edit: add copyman's rad to the list,...

-50 then +200, making a total of 400 usd...

but even then is this it? nothing? not even a blip more?

wormwood said:

Actually, I believe the next advances will not come at the sub-atomic but rather at the molecular (particularly crystal) level. Heat is pretty much just vibration, so using a crystal latus of the right proportions MIGHT be able to get the heat to a much wider area.

Obviously proportions would need to be exact to prevent harmonic reflections (we don't want an insulator), but...

It's infinitely safer than potentially changing the unit charge of an electron. :)

:)

I LuV BrownIAN MotION!!

yOU'RE MAKING IT too complIcated...Use a SuPER CunducTOR...that will SPreaD out The heat PerfectlY.

ChangIng tHe PlanCK CONstunt Wont CHANgE the UNIT chArge...only the MINIMuM PhYsicAL distanCE of AtomiC / Sub AToMIC InterACTIONs...THEREBy reDucing DISTanCE and HEAt GENereated. ZerO PlancK is ZER0 disTunCE so all physIcal points in any AffecteD DEVice reduCES to ZERO and OccupIES the SAMe point IN spaCe...That's WHY U don't wANT t0 put Yur hanD in THERE!:D

Back