• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case w/ QUIET 300w PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aftershock

Does anyone have a case w/ a 300w psu thats QUIET?

I have discovered the root of my serious noise problem, my 300w PSU

is there a standard for PSU's? meaning all 300w PSU's will sound same, all 230's will sound the same.

I compared my 300w PSU to my old Dell 230w PSU and WHOW, what a difference.

No more cheapo cases for me, only good stuff..
I'm hoping for a PSU/case + PSU (might as well get a better case) that is as quiet as OEM Dells if you have ever heard them.

Lets say that PSU fan is louder than my 30-35 db Thermo Engine stock fan

Aftershock (Apr 28, 2001 07:59 p.m.):
Does anyone have a case w/ a 300w psu thats QUIET?

I have discovered the root of my serious noise problem, my 300w PSU

is there a standard for PSU's? meaning all 300w PSU's will sound same, all 230's will sound the same.

I compared my 300w PSU to my old Dell 230w PSU and WHOW, what a difference.

No more cheapo cases for me, only good stuff..
I'm hoping for a PSU/case + PSU (might as well get a better case) that is as quiet as OEM Dells if you have ever heard them.

Lets say that PSU fan is louder than my 30-35 db Thermo Engine stock fan

The Enermax FC series are really quiet.

My Enermax is pretty darn quiet, but considering there a Delta in my case, a low flying airplane seems quieter. LOL

what are the models of the cases? And how much do they go for?

I think I'm just going to get a new case, FuturePowerUsa makes shitty cases anways, not to mention horrible psu...so dam loud

how quiet is quiet.....quiet as in if your stoped ALL the fans in your case....and only had psu going, almost dead silent quiet?

The quality on my Enlight 7237 mid-tower is very good electrically and fairly good mechanically. The Antec 400W PSU I put in it has a variable speed cooling fan. It varies from "is it running?" to "seems to be running" in terms of sound. IOW Quiet. don't skimp on the PSU. It pumps the blood that runs the brain.

Hoot

Back