• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i wanna skinny keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itim100

i wanna keyboard that's like a removed laptop keyboard only prettier. Like, same key travel and stuff. Anybody know of any really small good full featured slim keyboard? Newegg doesn't seem to have any... btw, less than 30$ please.

i dont know about less than $30, but my eluminx keyboard is just like a laptop keyboard... only it lights up.

how much and where, isn't there anything like that that doesn't lite up?

it costs around $100, its at a lot of store just do a quick search, and it is only available in versions that light up..
although viewsonic makes a keyboard that looks similar that is just black and silver but i havent used it so i dont know for sure. newegg carries it.

I think alot of people on newegg preferred the viewsonic slim keyboard as opposed to the zippy one. Alot of people were surprised at how small the zippy keyboard actually was.

krm197 said:
I think alot of people on newegg preferred the viewsonic slim keyboard as opposed to the zippy one. Alot of people were surprised at how small the zippy keyboard actually was.
yep. that was my thought as well when i got mine. i got used to it and it was tough to change back when i got the viewsonic for another rig. i eventually sold the zippy since the viewsonic had 2 usb ports built it.. which makes wiring alot easier since i can just plug my printer and mouse into my keyboard.

my vote goes for the viewsonic keyboard. that is actually what i am typing on right now. you have to get used to the location of the home, end, page up, page down, etc... keys but after you get used to it, this thing is wonderful. it is, however, the same length and width of a normal keyboard. it is just slim with the notepad type keys.

I think i will go for the zippy at newegg (the one without lights). Its much cheaper there, and lights are (edited by cw823). Thanks for showing me the zippys guys!

I'm sorry, did you say you LIKE the key travel on a laptop keybaord? Heh, well takes all types I guess :D

I'm using a "lap sized" more compact keyboard at this moment, it's just like a regular keyboard only iy hasn't got the number pad, there's a special shift that overlays a keypad on the regular keyboard, like most laptops have. It's actually and old piece of equipment, one of the old PS/2 IBM model M keyboards. Part number 1391472. I'm using it on this machine because I don't have much of a desktop to put a keyboard on and it is very handy for using on your lap.

regards,

Road Warrior

Oh no. I personally find it very unconfortable actually, but my friend wanted a small keyboard and I used it for a couple of months because he had left it here at my house.

I'm using the viewsonic model and I just love it. The key-travel is alot smaller which allows me to type alot faster with less effort. With that keyboard I can type page upon page without my fingers getting stiff.

It's shiny too :drool:

Back