• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding two consoles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xymurgy

I'm trying to run two consoles on my HT system, but it seems I'm just showing two of the same consoles (they are identical). I've followed these steps:

created two directories.
set machine ID to 1 and 2.
running off two shortcuts which are pointed to the two directories.

Am I doing this right? There are two instances of FAH in task manager, but I thought I'd be working on two different WUs (not looking at two identical screens).

Doh, guess I didn't do it right. It tried to save my progress on both consoles and it got ticked at me... back to one till I get this figured out.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're doing it right to me. Just luck of the draw as to what proteins you get.

Try turning one off for about a half hour or so, enough time for the other to get a little ahead, then turn it back on. If they are different consoles, then they should be different after you do that. Or just wait until the WUs get turned in, because I doubt that they will both get the same WU again. Also, post the two log files up here and lets take a look at 'em :)

When you created the two directories, did you install FAH in each, or copy from one to the other?

Copying would explain your problem.

If you are using EMIII to monitor the progress look at the Run/Clone/Gen numbers for each instance. If they match you are doing the same WU. If not then they are unique and you can proceed to completion without worry. If you aren't using EMIII just close down both instances and restart. The Run/Clone/Gen info will be displayed in the windows on restart.

I kind of did copy it. I installed the graphical client first last month or whenever. Then I tried poking around with the console version but made another directory for it. But the original didn't have the colsole, so I copy/pasted.

Back