• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should the O.S. be in a Raid 0 drive, or just a regular drive for overclocking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Carbonlung

Registered
Hello

I have a Gigabyte Ga-ga8knxp mobo. In the bios, on the cpu frequency and voltage menu. It said that SATA drives are sensitive to the CPU voltage and frequency. So there might be a possiblity of losing one or both SATA drives when one changes the cpu frequency or voltage. For that reason, is it better to install the O.S. in reqular IDE drive non raid or am I being just paranoid?

I was messing around the bios, I pressed ctrl+F1 and a "Top Performance" menu popped up. Clicked on the sub-menu I clicked on "Enabled". Went to boot up windows but I just got a blank screen. I reversed everything but now one of the drives in Raid was "missing or error occured" in the Intel Raid set up menu. So now I'm in the process of reinstalling XP. Thanks for the reply.

Here's my overall system.

ga8knxp
P4 2.4C
2 maxtor 160GB SATA 7200rpm
1GB Geil ddr4200, dual channel
slk900u+vantec 92mm tornado
ati 9800 pro
thermaltake 480W purepower
kingwin 424 case

Raid0 is dangerous whether you're overclocking or not. Either go with Raid0+1, or have your two drives as separate volumes.

Back