• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Prices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whiskey![Nw]

Registered
i've been looking on Pricewatch just about everyday and i have noticed that the CPU prices are going down a great deal. anyway does anyone know if they are gonna drop more(if so ill wait to buy a new chip). or is this about as low as we are gonna see them for a while????

Da Whip makes a good point.

Prices are always dropping... So, it you wait for the next price drop, you'll never buy anything. I look at it this way. Never in history have you been able to buy so much computing power for so little money.

I know that I'm rationalizing, as prices will continue to drop, but I also have resolved the pricing situation within myself..It's a hobby. Pure and simple. A rather inexpensive one at that.

Your CPU is such a small part of your total system cost, it's always a good time to buy.

T

The 1.33 is in short supply. I noticed it and posted such here a good month ago. I also sent an e-mail to Ed Stroligo on it and was ignored...yet again.

yeah, I know the whole supply and demad shortage=jacked up prices. Luckily though, with all these websites out of stock, by the time they come in, the odds of them being the latest batch are pretty high.

The price war that seems to have been sparked between Intel (who is pushing their P4 line) and AMD (who wants to keep their prices competitive with Intel's ) has certainly made things awfully interesting lately. Competition = gooood! Does anybody remember what a brand new Pentium 90 cost way back in the day when the competition was much poorer than it is now? If anyone knows, let me know - all I can remember is that a full P90 box when it was new cost somwhere in the neighborhood of $3500! You pay just over half that for a top of the line box nowadays. Let's hope the fierce competition continues - the price and quality competition alike promise the user better quality products, better bang for our bucks, and cooler stuff in the long run.

Anyone else think that AMD will lower their prices even more when the Palomino is finally released? If anyone has better info on this, notify us all, plz!

Back