• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

small lcd screen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fiji

ok well im looking to buy a small lcd screen

max width is 5.8 inches

max height is 5 inches

i looked all over newegg, but couldnt find anything, you guys got any ideas?

also it needs to be able to hook into a digital video out/ normal video out/s-cable thingamabob on my gf4 ti4200

I have one I bought from a guy used for 50.00. It was one of those little portable TVs with a 5" screen, I just took it apart and kept the controller and on/off switch on it. The picture is crystal clear and with adapters I can run it out of my s-video plug.

I would try some pawn shops or something like that for one of these type items. You might get lucky and find one nice and cheap. My only problem with it is I can't find anything to run in it. :rolleyes:

The real question is what kind of LCD do you want? Graphical or text? If you are just looking for a text display for system stats and stuff like that then I recommend matrix orbitals. They have alot of cool features such as buttons to pull up different information whith plus they can control lights and stuff as well. Plus they come with the lcdc software which is pretty nice.

Deathknight said:
The real question is what kind of LCD do you want? Graphical or text? If you are just looking for a text display for system stats and stuff like that then I recommend matrix orbitals. They have alot of cool features such as buttons to pull up different information whith plus they can control lights and stuff as well. Plus they come with the lcdc software which is pretty nice.

i need it to be a graphical one

i want it to be a small second desktop

that will be attached to the case, through a bunch of gismos and stuff ;)

IFMU said:

thats almost exaclty what im looking for, tahnsk!

Thanks!

I was looking for a similar LCD myself. Thanks IFMU for the linky. I bought one yetserday, should be in via priority mail on tuesday at the latest. Ill post up some pics when I get it, and some finished ones when Im done.

wannaoc said:
I have one I bought from a guy used for 50.00. It was one of those little portable TVs with a 5" screen, I just took it apart and kept the controller and on/off switch on it. The picture is crystal clear and with adapters I can run it out of my s-video plug.

So do you have pics of what you made it into yet? I'd like to see what my old screen went into. :)

Back