• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Take a look and say what you think about my config!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Swede

Registered
I got the Addtronics 6896A case with:
Taisol CGK760092 with Delta 60mm ~4800 RPM
copper base heatsink with artic silver 2 paste.
3 Titan 80mm fans (two in the front of the case). One TT cardcooler (two fans). And one 120mm to the power supply...

1,2Ghz T-bird 266Mhz AXIA
MSI K7T266 Pro DDR
256Mb DDR 266Mhz
Soundblaster Live!
Geforce2 GTS PRO 64Mb DDR
IBM Deskstar 60GXP 40Gb UDMA100 2Mb 7200rpm.

Is it OC friendly?
Come with tips what I can do with this config to make it the fastest on the block without water...

Try and hit 1.4 or 1.5 GHZ above that I wouldn't go because #1 faster then 1.4 or 1.5 is not needed and thats the safest Overclock ive seen people do with a decent fan such as alpha pal 6035 or the global win CAK38 , WBK38 btw If you wan't a good fan goto www.millisec.com its in USA i suggest you overclock to 1.4 or 1.5 its the luck of the draw try and raise ur FSB more then ur multplier to achieve these speeds remember higher FSB higher the multimedia mark .

O yea btw you'r fan is a decent fan but I dont think ull acheive a steady 1.4 with the fan you got. If you don't mind noise get a better delta fan 60mm 6800 rpm its really awesome fan my friend has his @ 1.5 with that with a 284bus .

If you're looking for bragging rights, you need all of the planets in alignment..and a better cooler.

For the highest possible overclock a cooler with a C/W of less than 0.2 is required.

Of all of the currently available HSFs, the Swiftech MC462-A is the current champ.

You also need highly stable overclockable DDR..Crucial PC2100 is now the same price as PC133 CL-2.

You may need a voltage modification(to the motherboard), and you need to know a little humility, and have almost infinite patience.

If your CPU has a letter as the first character of the third line, your overclock should be more successful.

These are only some of the things that can tip the scales of success in your favor. The most important tool in an overclocking attempt is your mind.

T

Thank you guys!
I will check my temps before I will run to the stores..
It´s funny..overclocker.com is so different from swedish sites..
The taisol I`ve bought is highly recommended here..
Many who has it runs 1200@1500mhz and has a 40C@fullload and that is not so bad. Maybe it`s the air on this side of the altantic ocean.. =)

Thanks again!

/Swede

Back