• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AXIA problem of mine solved! its the Abit Kt7A-RAID!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aman99

Yep , The Abit KT7A-RAID was only letting my 1 ghz AXIA 266 FSB run at 1333 mhz some of the time, and it wouldn't let it go any higher. ( you may have read my other post talking about this)

Well I put this sucker in an ASUS A7V (THATS KT133 not KT133A!) I set the CPU to 1391 (111x12.5) and what do you know?! it does it perfect, no problems at all! I don't know about my KT7A-RAID anymore, its gettin outperformed by a KT133! I might sell it and get me a ASUS A7V133. The Abit board also doesn't like 10.5x133 (1400 mhz) but it will do 140x10 (1400 mhz). I'm getting tired of inconsistency with this board.

What do you guys think? Should I stick with the KT7A-RAID or just sell it and get me an Asus?

If anyone has experienced any of these weird problems with Asus boards like i'm having with my Abit, i would like to hear of them.

Aaron

This might be more of a topic for the motherboard section, but I thought it might fit here due to my previous post about my AXIA CPU problems.

i think the problem u got is that one of the l1 bridges arent connected properly so the 10.5 multipilere isnt avaliable but the 10 is. I have had the same problem.

Also i would just say i just bought the asus a7v133A and i love it!! did 1.33 on a 200mhz old avha 1.1ghz cpu without any problem at all at default core voltage:). gonna try 1.4 later when its a bit more burned in. but recheck the bridges before u buy a new board if they are connected properly it might be the board.

Bridges are fine, i have unlocked over 15 CPU's, so i'm sure they are unlocked. I am also sure because it will post at 10.5, if there not unlocked, it would not post at that speed. it just will always either give me a windows protection error, or lock up within 10 seconds of getting into windows.

then it propably u have right its the mobo. since it works fine on the asus.

Aman99 (May 15, 2001 03:34 p.m.):
Bridges are fine, i have unlocked over 15 CPU's, so i'm sure they are unlocked. I am also sure because it will post at 10.5, if there not unlocked, it would not post at that speed. it just will always either give me a windows protection error, or lock up within 10 seconds of getting into windows.

My KT7AWon't do 10.5 or 11 but will do 140x10. It might be the bios but I just got the ZT bios but I havent tried 10.5 or 11 multipliers yet. I think it's just the bios holding it back, that's all.

well mine will do even 12.5 multiplier as long as the FSB is at 100 or close to it, but it doesn't like them at 133 FSB. Try changin the multi with your new bios if you would, and let me know the results. Thanks!

Aaron

Back