• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with my pentium 1 60mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

Ok, I went to my local pc store which is very small and filled with old machines that noone is ever gonna buy. I asked him for a floppy drive and he said 9 pounds, so I said cant you take one from one of these? And he sold me a fully built pentium 1 60 mhz for 10 pounds. I am going to set it up when I get some ram for it to use for folding but I wondered if you can OC these things? I know some of you have been into this since teh old days so you must have some advice. I think it is a packard bell stock setup.

you probably can, I overlocked my 100mhz AMD, and a 100mhz P1, you have to use jumpers and stuff though, I would search google for the mobo or somthing... You may not be able to though, check and see if there are jumbers for maybe the bus speed (should be labled) and mine had a big row of jumpers for the multiplier... if it doesn't have either of those I think you may be out of luck... I dont think this will finish the folding in time.

Yeh there are a LOT of jumpers on it. Ill check the details on the net. You think its pointless having it fold then? I didnt know there was a time limit on WUs. I think i will get some ram anyway so I can have it as a backup machine for if this onew breaks down.

Heh, I found a site about old Packard Bells and it looks like I can overclock this to a mighty 66mhz using a vcore of 5.25 volts. Also found out it has 1mb of video memory and can take a maximum of 136mb of 70ns ram. She will be such a monster. When I download knoppix this will be the machine I use it on for testing I think.

Back