• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

suggesting to put me cpu to 1100-1200mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oneill

Registered
any suggesting to put the fsb and multiplayer on?
i've got an abit KT7a mainboard + cpu duron 850 cpu...
he's now running on 1giga with 1.625voltage

any suggesting for voltages and fsb, multi..for 1100 or 1200? He wont work in voltages untill 1.7.. Can I damage my cpu when I set it to 1.8V?

Your board will go up to 1.85v and you can run it there if your cooling is up to the task. When you run at higher voltages the cpu gives off more heat. What HSF are you using? Do you have any additional case cooling?

FSB is now 112
multiplayer now 9
total 1008mhz
voltage 1.625 --> works perfect! 24/24 7/7 at a temperature of 28° idle and 41 full load
BUT I want him to run at 1100 or 1200,
higher voltage of 1.8 is needed?

Durons RARELY make 1100 mhz and higher. IF you want to make it there, your most likely going to need to put your voltage to 1.85 and have very good cooling, something like a FOP-38 minimum I would think.

Aaron

Don't be scared to go up to 1.85v if you have good cooling. I have a duron 600 running at 1102 2.11v (voltage mod) with a fop38. Temps run from 55 to 58 according to my asus probe which is probably 5 to 7 degrees high. What kind of heatsink do you have?

Alpha is a good heatsink, but only if you put a decent fan on it. What kind of fan do you have on it?

Aaron

The original one on it is from Y.S.Tech
type: FD1260257B-2A
for the moment i've placed another fan(not as good) because i'm out of termal grease... Is that a problem to install the alpha coooler?

Back