• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just picked up a 9600Pro brand new for $147 with software and cables.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billstuck

It's an OEM card and came with S-video cables, RCA to DVI converter, DVI cable, Commanche 4, Soul Reaver, WinDVD 4 and another sample games CD.

$147 at mwave.com is a good price. Get em while you can.

Oh and it has the Samsung 2.8ns memory modules. :D

right now i am stuck with a 9500 non pro that cannot be modded. Bought it thinking it would, got a totally different card. I wanna get a 9600 pro but don't know if the ATI version if worth the extra bucks..

Heard they can go to 500 core. Thats pretty impressive.

try the mod to 9500pro. worked on mine ,but the fan started acting up so they sent me a replacement and its a red pcb "L" shaped with gold fan that doesnt mod but performs almost as good.

billstuck said:
your big pimpin with that 9800 :cool:

indubidubly my dear watson! ;) lol spent a bundle on it too, i as one of the 1st people to get it on the day it came out here in Toronto :) boy, who knew a little board like that could of sent be back 700 plus taxes CDN :( lol oh well, i dont regret spending even 1 penny on it, it totally PAWNZ! muahahah!:p

frisco204 said:
oc the 9600 i want to see what you get!

i have my sapphire at 515/355 right now.

Well this is actually my second 9600 Pro. I tried to volt mod the first one and killed it like a dummy. That was a BBA card and my highest stable clock was 460/342. I'm going install this powercolor now and see what I get.

aznchaos said:
billstuck how did you kill your old 9600?

Trying to solder leads onto the GPU chip to increase the core voltage. Should of used test clips instead :rolleyes:

frisco204 said:
oc the 9600 i want to see what you get!

i have my sapphire at 515/355 right now.

Well I got it up to 471/378 stable. I could run 490/390 but 3dMark03 would give me artifacts and black dots. It's funny how 3Kmark01 will run fine, but in 03 that second CPU test in the trolls layer shows every flaw. That's where my artifacts came from cause it's like 3 or 4 fps.

I'm happy this card overclocks much better then my old one especially on the memory. I broke 14K in 01 and 4K in 03.

Here are my scores.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7014614

http://service.futuremark.com/servl...ojectdetails&projectType=10&projectId=1313520

Oh and by the way you got a really nice high core speed. Did you run 3dmark03 and notice any black dots? I bet i could get the core higher and be fine but only in 3dmark03 did i notice problems.

billstuck said:

Well I got it up to 471/378 stable. I could run 490/390 but 3dMark03 would give me artifacts and black dots. It's funny how 3Kmark01 will run fine, but in 03 that second CPU test in the trolls layer shows every flaw. That's where my artifacts came from cause it's like 3 or 4 fps.

I'm happy this card overclocks much better then my old one especially on the memory. I broke 14K in 01 and 4K in 03.

Here are my scores.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7014614

http://service.futuremark.com/servl...ojectdetails&projectType=10&projectId=1313520

Oh and by the way you got a really nice high core speed. Did you run 3dmark03 and notice any black dots? I bet i could get the core higher and be fine but only in 3dmark03 did i notice problems.

i get artifacts running 3dmark03 at the troll test too. btw nice scores man

Thanks;)

Even though I could run 471 or whatever in 3dmark03 i got a hard lock in BF1942 so i backed it down to 465 and have been playing for awhile now.

This memory overclock is pretty crazy. Defintely a good value card right now I think.

Your score totally pwn mine. I'm ordering a 9600 this weekend or at the latest, tuesday. Here's the scores. lol

Yours:14254
Mine: 991

Its really sad. lol. I have a TNT2. Who's big pimpin' now!!!?
Eat it |\/|oDdiC(_)$. Eat it!! lol. I should stop kidding myself. lol. I;m gonna snap this card in half when i get my 9600.
:p
Take that nVidia!!

yeah i noticed trolls test is good for artifacts. i heard nature is good too ,but i think ppl think that cuz they sometimes get artifacts in nature. I think it's because they run the rest of the tests, and by the time it gets to nature the card is hot and starts to artifact.

hi can you people tell what your most stable ocs are for the 9600pro? for me i had it at 492/350 I thought i was stable but because i did like lots of tests on 3dmark 2k1 and 2k3 and they were good artifactless but...as soon as i played battlefield 1942 the thing locked up on me in 5 min. :(

the most stable overclock i got was....and is 460/330 but im gonna fiddle some more and see what happens

is it jus me or is Battlefield the best stablity tester ever

468/378 for me.

I could push the core higher no problem, but like you as soon as I played BF1942 it locked on me.

Back