• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will p4 ee keep up with this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skratch

Registered
amd fx at 2833 not shure if its air cooled cuz the original was pulled because of nda. pi 1 m at 30s

pic

if thats air cooled i'll turn from intel and get me an athlon. I highly doubt it is since the latest opterons run at 2.2ghz so its prolly running on a modded prommie mach 2.

Also isn't hipro doin pi in the 20-30 range with his p4?

You mean when the P4 EE has been overclocked to 4.2GHz?

Yeah, it'll keep up.

I assume you weren't talking about a stupid comparison between a highly overclocked AMD CPU vs a stock speed Intel CPU.

Since87 said:
You mean when the P4 EE has been overclocked to 4.2GHz?

Yeah, it'll keep up.

I assume you weren't talking about a stupid comparison between a highly overclocked AMD CPU vs a stock speed Intel CPU.

currently an amd 64 @ 2.4Ghz holds 6th place on 3dmark. 7th place is a 4ghz p4. According to commentary, the amd 64 futuremark score would be the #1 on the world if not for slower 9800pro speeds. (360mhz vs 330)

If the 2.8ghz claim is true.....all i have to say is wow.

That link is broken... I suspect this person probably used a prommy mod of some kind if it's real at all. The last I heard the crazy folks in Japan were trying to get an Opteron 248 up to 2.7GHz with liquid nitrogen, so 2.8 on phase change sounds like a stretch.

The fx is going to be 2.4g on release.That was air cooled at 1.75v

Note it took a p4 on Ln at 4.9ghz to get that same pi mark.

And that amd 64 that broke 25k was air cooled.Looks like amd got there soi process done right finally.

Last edited:
I posted this because I am looking to build a new system and wanted to know what the p4 ee will do.

Back