• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I spilt MILK on my PC!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker456

Got MILK? eh, my PC got a health dose of Calcium last night. About 12oz of it. I spilt a glass of milk all over my PC on the inside. My Radeon 9800PRO was covered in it so was my hard drive and all my wires and cables, the motherboard had splashes of it also. Thank god it was off at the time.. Anyway I didn't turn the PC on until tonight and it seems to work fine. Thank god.. I guess Milk isn't so bad after all....

tip: if your case is always open, be careful with your drinks.. if my PC was turned on I don't know what would have happened...

Wow, that sucks. Hopefully your PC is okay for now. Did you clean it off with anything? It might start to smell funny in a couple days.

And after all that calcium, who knows? it might overclock more =).
I once had a similar problem: I put a glass of water next to my case (on the ratpad) and accidentally bumped it. If there weren't the feet on the tower, it would give watercooling a new meaning =p

Yeah, I'd go over the video card (at least) and clean it off with alcohol to be sure there's no residue. Milk is nasty stuff if not completely cleaned off...

My worst water+computer experience was when I was trying to diagonse a problem on my (old) HP. I had it opened up and placed a big glass of water on it's PSU. Stupidly I stuck something in the glass (not even sure why anymore :rolleyes: ) and water splashed all over the mobo, and into the PSU :eek: I mopped it up as best I could, let it dry for a day, and when I turned it on, it was it's normal self. whew!

JigPu

Dc5e said:
mmm wouldn't there be residue from milk?? i'd try to clean it up

well of course when I spilt the milk all over the place, I cleaned it up with bounty. I whipped the video card with bounty too, but it was still wet. If it starts to smell funny in a few days I'll just go over it with some alcohol..

Milk does the body good, and the same seems to hold true for your PC..lol:p

for the record I did **** my pants completely, since the Radeon 9800 Pro was completely covered in it. I saw a white light before me..

gah ducker, I was gonna say that, lol....

anyway, you should just give it an alcohol bath and let it dry for a few...er...weeks...heh. You may be able to speed it up with a hair-dryer, if you wish to take that risk. The problem is the alcohol will get into tiny pockets and thus take a while to dry.

people on these boards have done that and saved hardware that way.....but do remember to let it dry out for a while...seriously, at least a week of air-drying. If you have a hair dryer with a very low heat setting, then that will work just fine to speed things up...even then I would leave it for a few days, maybe using the hair-dryer on it 2-3 times a day....

Heh funny story. Reminds me of when my wife puked in my computer while we were dating in college. She knew I was serious about her when I didn't dump her for puking in my baby. Ofc she DID have to clean up most of the mess. Ever try to get puke out of the little ridges on a monitor cable? :D

Deathknight said:
Heh funny story. Reminds me of when my wife puked in my computer while we were dating in college. She knew I was serious about her when I didn't dump her for puking in my baby. Ofc she DID have to clean up most of the mess. Ever try to get puke out of the little ridges on a monitor cable? :D

She harfed IN your computer??? Talk about your projectile vomiting. If your wife is anything like mine, she was probably AIMING for your computer. :D

HAHA well she "claims" she wasn't aiming for it. All I know is I brought a garbage can right to her and she rolled to the other side of the bed (claims she was embarrased) and let fly over the side of the bed right down into my computer. Alot of it covered the back of the case (and all of the unused connectors on the back) but a good % of it landed inside. Personally I think she was just trying to eliminate her competition ;)

Deathknight said:

my girlfriend is jealous of my computer, if I left her alone with it should would **** on it.. and then probably throw it down the stairs. She doesn't own a PC..lol

Back