• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with sound and 3dmark03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryinny3

I have Built in AC97 crud audio and i cant get the sound to work on 2003. If i change to the Hercules game muse i STILL CANT get the sound to work. 2003 in the options deal says sound not supported. My buddy has Built in Intel chip audio that is AC97 and his works.. Does anyone know what the problem might be here? Sound didnt work with my old MSI mobo neither.

Harry

Not true,

My buddys PC playes all sounds, Every Game test has sound. I can not get mine to work. He also has the free version. Maybe in 2001 it never plays it, But in 2003 it sure does.

Id just like to know what my problem is. Id like to have the Marks added. Because with the SAME puter, Different boards,(his is a gigabyte intel based chip, Mine is a Gigabyte SIS chipset) He gets Quite a few more Marks than me. If he unchecks the sound tests He is even with me.

Just wondering is all.

Harry

Hmmm...sound never played on mine either (at least i dont think it did...i havent run 3DMark since it came out, heh)

there is are a couple sound tests, but only one of the sound tests plays the sounds. its the airplane one. First it just plays the airplane one and then it plays it with no sound. dont know why it doesnt play the first time , since it is "sound test", but i am positive that it does play sound.

I get sound only in the last two run's of sound test, none on the first. Pretty sure it has zero impact on the overall score.

Most of my run's I just disable all services via msconfig anyway so no sound test to sit through.

And registering is only $20 now, so I might just do that.

-Maxi

Back