• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MORE REPORTS OF HOW BAD THE AYHJA1333 IS!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roc

Registered
As I have been reading on today it really does appear that the new AMD1333 are really junk. I have read over five other posts on how hot this piece of junk runs. Some people are reporting 50c it idle. IF YOU HAVE ORDERED THESE CHIPS SEND THEM BACK!!!

Yo, Chicken Little when is the end of the world?
Seriously, Where are you getting the info? What are the claims of doom and gloom? How reliable is the source?
Too many people read 1 review or news bite (sometimes they are just that) and are ready to right the product off. Do some homework.

I suspect that these were bad chips that left the production line and AMD decided to sell them off with the L1 bridges closed. They knew we (overclockers) would sweep them up in a heartbeat. Just my $0.02 worth.

Don't know where you get your reports. I have 2 of them here and they ROCK! 1500+ easy Air cooled.

How about some facts?

Roc, I think you may have just gotten unlucky, annoying though it may be. Admittedly, better cooling would help, but I don't think there's much more that can be done with your chip having read your posts. However, I think to start shouting about how poor the AYHJAs are is a little premature - even if you do have five other reports of 'bad' performers, 1510MHz is still pretty damn respectable by my standards at least, and there are reports coming in all the time of good experiences with these chips.

Like I said in your other thread, occasionally people need reminding in the midst of the hype that all chips are individual, and there is no gaurantee that a certain chip will oc well. There are plenty of AXIAs floating around, but I haven't heard of all that many (in proportion to all the AXIAs out there) getting over 1.5gig, so your chip is still performing better than many AXIAs. Noone ever said the AYHJAs would be a revolution - just that they might perform a bit better. Personally, I'll wait a few weeks until we get a good enough overall impression of the AYHJAs to comment on them properly - right now there just aren't enough around.

roc

you might also consider posting everything in 1 thread. Starting a new thread makes diagnosing a problem total chaos when we have to read different reports in different areas. Just making a suggestion.

Try some better cooling. Run with the sides off the case. Lap that FOP38 and use some AS2 on it. If temps don't go down enough get a better cooler like the Swiftech or go water. All my machines over 1500 are water cooled. An AMD at these speeds throughs out an awefull lot of heat. You may not have given that chip a fair chance to do well yet and besides there is nothing wrong with hitting 1510 considering the temps you are running. Most AXIA chips will not do this.

My AYHJA should be here in a couple of days. I will be testing it with ambient temp water first then it'll be time for some sub-zero action! I'll post the results.

Back