• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

could high temps be the result in my Duron's inability to overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D4RK3N

Registered
A few days ago, I managed to get my Duron 650 to 933 (7.5x133) mhz. I noticed that my temps (running at 650) were a 2 to 3 degrees less than they are right now. It seems that the only way I can overclock is to set the FSB from 100 to 133 and run it at 866 mhz (6.5x133). I have rear window defogger paint on the L1 bridges at the moment and I'm pretty sure they are connected. After looking at them under a magnifying glass, the gold 'dots' are not visible at all and none of the paint lines touch. The problem is, it wont overclock anymore. Is there a program to test and see if the multipliers are actually unlocked? My motherboard is an MSI K7T Turbo and Fuzzy Logic 3 is supposed to allow overclcoking in Windows....but it wont run under Windows 2000. Also, the screw driver that I used to remove the Coolermaster hsf has slipped a few times and struck the motherboard. I looked at the area it hit and didnt see any damages at all. Could this be the reason? Any ideas at all?!?

Have you tried clearing the CMOS on your mobo? There should be a CMOS clear pin on the mobo...find your manual or check online.

Usually the method is to disconnect power, move the pin for 3-5 seconds, and then place it in the original position.

Check all the stuff that seems "obvious". Connectors, cards seated properly. Be sure to disconnect the power form the mobo (the plug from power supply to mobo) before you play around w/ anything

Back