• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HALO & 9800 PRO 256 Mb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IWK4ALVN

Registered
Halo will not run an my system with a Gigabyte 9800Pro 256 Mb, 2x512Mb PC3200LLPT 2-3-2-6 Ram (Corsair), ASUS p4C800-E, Raptor Harddrive, P4 2.8C @3.5 With 1000 FSB, Soundblaster Audigy II EX Plauium. The reason why i'm listing it here is its a video problem. "Fatal Error with 3D Acceleration" I set everything to Default and the game still will not play

halo runs like crap and crashes constantly no matter what config you have. Its the result of a half assed attempt at porting it from the x-box

Are you running the cat 7 drivers? also sometimes the websites of game developers give updates to fix known problems.

i had to switch to the omega drivers to get this game to work properly in my system. the textures werent being created and everything looked 'blocky'

I have 3.7 Cat and the game will not even start just gives me a FATAL ERROR

I had a problem when I played it the first time. 1/2 of the textures didn't work (came out as plain grey) and the lighting came out all in squares and rectangles. Everything looked just terrible.

I changed my 9800 Pro's settings in the control panel from custom to "balanced" and "application pref" for smoothvision. Now I'm doing peachie. Get about 25-30 fps at 1280x1024, about 40-60 at 1024x768.

And here I said I wasn't going to buy the game because it's so buggy. Glad I did. It's pretty neat-o. Not ground breaking like hl2, but pretty sweet. Of course I am running on a 9800 Pro with a gig of memory.

I am sure a little patching will get everything worked out. I lag like a mofo on my TI4800SE and I didn't lag at all on the beta version.

Are you using RefreshLock (or ReForce)? I was getting that same error until I disabled it. Now it works fine. Thx to the Rage3d board for that find.

cursor said:
I had a problem when I played it the first time. 1/2 of the textures didn't work (came out as plain grey) and the lighting came out all in squares and rectangles. Everything looked just terrible.

I changed my 9800 Pro's settings in the control panel from custom to "balanced" and "application pref" for smoothvision. Now I'm doing peachie. Get about 25-30 fps at 1280x1024, about 40-60 at 1024x768.

And here I said I wasn't going to buy the game because it's so buggy. Glad I did. It's pretty neat-o. Not ground breaking like hl2, but pretty sweet. Of course I am running on a 9800 Pro with a gig of memory.

this is the exact same problem i had, but someone told me to switch to omega drivers and it worked.

running it at 16x12 and its pretty smooth

Back