• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling kt400 chipset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

I was wondering how you guys cool your kt400 chipset. For those of you that have one anyway. Im just wondering because its the "hottest" running chipset iv had so I was just tryin to found out what would be best. Im runnin a passive zalman w/ a 30mm or so fan that fits on the heatsink perfectly and gettin temps of like 33ºC.

it originaly came with just a heatsink and no fan, and yes it was running really hot. I just took a fan from a stock Athlon 2100 HSF and i have that hanging on some wire ties (really ghetto looking) from the clips of the water block.

What kinda temps you getting. I kninda noticed that it ran really hot too with the stock heatsink. I was testing it outta the case and id let it run for prolly 2 min or so and touch my hand on the heatsink and it would get quite hot. Oh well id rather have it get hot and know that im getting some results out of o/c then have it not heat up at all.

i dont have the exact temps, still have to install the temp probes all over my case. But its barely warm to the touch

I may give that a try. My heatsink is still getting pretty "hot".

Back