• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Boot WinXP/Win2000Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chipvideo

I have WinXP Pro on one hard drive and then just installed Win2000Pro on another hard drive. I didn't want to have them both on the same drive because I have always had problems. Also the Win2000Pro is an evaluation version meaning it will self destruct in 4 months. How can I boot into either one without having to manually disconnect either hard drive? My WinXP Pro is on a Ultra ATA controller Card set on master and my Win2000 Pro is on IDE2.

You'll have to switch which hard drive you want to boot from in the BIOS or get a boot manager that allows you to boot to multiple hard drives. I'm not sure the MS bootloader can do this. I've tried to make it work but so far, no go.

I just did that about 5 minutes ago. I went to the bios and changed the boot order. I am confused though. Would my hard drive on the ultra ata controller card show up as a scsi device in my bios?

I also wonder if Partition Magic Pro 8.0 would let me dual boot from seperate hard drives with the OS's already installed.

Back