• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Silver 5 cooling results??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dalilman52

HEY everybody, does neone know about the new as5 cooling results, i dont wanna apply it if its not that much better (>1 C diff) so, ppl put ur temp gains over ceramique, i dont have as3 but put if u have any gains over either and how much, thx for the help!
________
Homemade Lightbulb Vape

Last edited:
but does it have any gain over ceramique? ive read the reviews that say it works better than as3...but wat about ceramique? has neone else tried it yet?
________
The apprentice forum

Last edited:
i want to know the temperature differences as i stated in the original first post, has nebody gotten the as5 after ceramique? i want to know what temp gains yall have seen
________
LINSEY DAWN MCKENZIE SEX

Last edited:
I also have not seen anything that directly compares AS5 to Ceramique, only compared to AS3. I still like Ceramique and will use it til I learn otherwise :)

yah...thats wat i thot, hoot put that he got a 3c gain over as3 and ceramique is better than as3 by about 2c or 1c's so..i was just guessing that it would be about 1 or 2....not that great but hey, when ur ocing u need to squeeze every possible mhz u can get...

btw does neone know if lapping ur hs again would get rid of the remiaing traces of the ceramique? i was thinking of cleainng the hsf bottom with some nail polsih remover then some isopropyl alcohol then going over it a few times with some 1500 grit...this should prolly get rid of all the ceramique traces

and does neone know if thermal compound stays on the cpu die itself? or would giving it a thorough cleaning do the job?
________
Honda Cbr900Rr Specifications

Last edited:
I saw no difference after I lapped my hs and applied the AS5 (in place of AS3). It's set for 2 days now... no difference.

My cpu temps are still idling around 43-44c and at full load around 50-52c.

Robrules18 said:
i hear its easier to apply than ceramique but not really worth it if you have a tube of AS3 or ceramique to use still...

Yea, I bought it because I didn't have any AS3 or Ceramique. If you have either, it's not great enough to warrant rushing out to buy a tube. :-/

My experiences with comparing Nanotherm to AS have been pretty good. NT does a better job, from my tests. I used to be a huge AS fan, but I've switched.

*sigh* i got a tube of as5 but i guess ill just help my friends and apply it on their hsfs and not on mine...dont wanna waste the good 4 bux i payed for the ceramique
________
Shemale ****ing

Last edited:
Well As5 could only bethe same or better than ceramique so give your friends the ceramique....or give me your as5.

Hey SSS is there any electrical conductivity problems with as5 as compaired with as3. (Yes I know that as3 when used properly is just fine but we know it still can short things out on a messy install) Does as5 fix that or is it still as conductive as as3?

HAS ANYBODY tried AS5 over ceramique? im DYING to know whether or not the performance gains or good or not...like tell me what temp diffs that u got, i seriously need this
________
VAPORIZER

Last edited:
Back