• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Cooling Accelero Mono Plus (Problems :S )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zokal

http://www.inet.se/produkt/5322290/arctic-cooling-accelero-mono-plus

I just got this home ^
I had to change my GPU fan since my old one was very loud.

I'm not very used with this, but I'll try to explain as good as i can.

My computer:

Acer Predator G3610
Intel Core i7 -3770 CPU @ 3.40 ghz
12 gig ram 64b operatining system
Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 TI

My case is pretty small so i really have to think strageticly when i place new fans.

Anyways! I was having some problems with my GPU temp, since it was rising to 80+C with my old ****ty (the one that came with the card) When playing (for example) world of warcraft

The old gpu-fan was screwed uder the graphiccard like any other fan, connected to the graphic card

OK, so the problem Is that when Put this new fan in (see link on top)
I connected it to my graphic card (4 thingy contact) and the strangest thing happend, It barely moved, my friend had to blow on it and it started to rotate alittle, then when i started wow it went alittle faster

Ok. So that didnt work, we checked my power supply, and there was no chanse that I was using more than i was dishing out

On the chord that followed with the fan (to connect to the graphic card)
There was 1 4pin and 1 3pin .. I connected the 4pin when this happend

Then after some playing around, we used a chord that followed with the fan.
You kinda plugged in the 4pin or 3pin into a 9v or 12v chord, and then later u could hook it up to your power supply

I connected my 4pin contact (from the gpu fan) into the PS and the fan started rotating fast when I started the computer, and the gpu heat was on like 30C idle, NICE i thought?

In this state the computer box was open since we were trying it out,
when i took it home i closed it and put it back on the floor, now when I started the comp, it went up to 55-60 idle, and 70-75 during gameplay like it almost was before

I downloaded MSI Afterburner or whats it called, and I tried changing the fanspeed that was set at 22% at the current state, but I didnt notice any difference, the heat didnt go down and nothing sounded louder, and I checked the "RPM" and it detected my rpm as 0

So What should i do?
Is there a way to configure a fan (gpu fan) thats connected to my powersupply, And why would it run so slow when i connected it into my graphic card? I mean, I got this newly freshly picked up today and I really dont know what to do :-(

So If anyone could share some light over this i would be reallllllllllly thankfull

Thanks in advance

Oh, and my worst concern atm right now is that whilst its connected to my power supply, it seems to run at a legit speed when booting up windows, but when playing games and keeping my computer on the heat crawls back

Can it be so that It doesnt automaticly adjust to the GPU heat?
Like it normally does when you connect a fan to your motherboard, that when it sences that Its getting hot,
the rpm goes up

Also to add that on the website it says
Connection - Fan: PWM

Whatever that means, and if that could have anything to do with it.
I tried connecting my graphiccard + fan into my friends computer, and the fan started working normally there, at a nice speed keeping it cool.. Don't get why it didn't on mine :S

The heat is supposed to crawl back . That's a fairly small cooler. But the idea is that it runs a little cooler and a lot quieter than the reference design.

You won't get super low temps, but What you should get is better temps with lower noise.

Keep the fan plugged into the motherboard or directly to the power supply.

And yes that's correct. The only fan that adjusts to the gpu heat normally is the stock fans. Anything aftermarket will be based on how you set it or how you are powering it.

I can't see anything bad going on here. If you've got it connected to the board directly check your bios to make sure there is no fan control on that particular fan header.

Hello! Ok so I think i located the problem and solved the issue,
for SOME reason, i tried connecting it into the motherboard (Didnt work before)
but now It worked perfectly? (Can It be that It needs some running before working perfectly when purchusing a new gpu fan?)

Anyways, so I tried MSI Afterburner again and I could now control the fan-speed and see my RPM and everything

But even on max settings, my gpu heat went up to 70-72C
Then it struck me, I bought my Predator computer in an ordinary computershop
that was pre-built, and they stuffed as MUCH as possible in this little little box,
I felt with my hand on the fan where I blow out hot air, and it was hot as hell
I opened up my side-lid just a little bit, and now my temps are 30-33c Idle, and 45-52c during heavy gameplay

So basicly I'll need to purchase a bigger and better box when I can afford, or am I completely wrong here?

This is not my computer, but I have the identicle one, and this shows you exactly how much room I have inside, so It's normal it gets pretty heated when closed?

5432349.jpg

There is no front-fan,only 1 cpu fan, 1 gpu fan, and 1 fan that blows warm air out of the computer (from behind)

That might be somewhere to start, then. See if you can mount a fan at that opening on the front of the case

yep,
It looks like there is only space for 80 or 92mm fans, so you'll have to go to good quality fans (unless you mind it being noisy).

Also time to consider the tin-snips or dremel and cut out some of that metal at the fan spots

Maybe you could just dremel out a blow hole over the CPU and GPU and mount a low speed, 200mm fan there. I don't know if you can get any air filters for 200mm fans though.

Back