• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

t-line info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jibby

ok i wanted to do a tline since its cheaper than making a res or buying 1. do i put it in the highest point of my waterflow? or can u put it lower and how long should the offshoot be and lastly what would i use to cap it off with.

hoiw long should it be? just like 4-5 inches? and what do i use to cap it off with. and is it ok to place the t-line between the res and the cpu block since thats the highest point?

Last edited:
4-5 inches will work, but the longer it is, the more water it can hold, which will help you when filling the system. Having 2 T-Lines can really speed things up, especially if you put one right before the pump inlet. Basically, many configurations will work, some configurations are just faster/easier to fill and bleed.

To cap it, use a hose barb with a cap on it, like this one:
tcap.jpg

that would be good except that place only accepts paypal and i don't want to pay 6.50 for shipping for jsut a t-line cap ;/ any suggestions that i could find at a hardware store like home depot or soemthing

To seal up the T-line, I use a 1/2 inch plastic (grey) hose barb with 1/2 inch MPT threads and a PVC threaded cap to seal it well. This is for 1/2 inch ID tubing. Take a section of tubing to your favtorite hardware department :) and you should be able to find something that works well for less than $2.

Back