• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM Question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Debo420

Registered
My brother wants more RAM for his PC since BF1942 loads really slow (like 2 minutes) He has 256MB DDR 2100 RAM right now and he would like more performance outta his PC, i was just wondering if this ram is any good...

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=1&submit=Go&description=N82E16820145108

He wont be doing any overclocking or messing with the timings of the RAM, just for a couple games and regular use, so is that ram any good?

What type of computer is it? If its built by you or something what kind of motherboard and processor does it have? For just basic upgrading that ram is fine. Just make sure you have an open slot for it. Best of luck!

Matt

BTW, for future reference this should be in "Memory" section of the forums.

IMO if you arn't OCing, Ram is ram is ram is ram. Unless it is a scam.

So like mdcomp said, that should be fine.

(though I do like buffalo and they have 256 PC2100 for 43 dollars and have a reputation- oops, I think I just contradicted myself :D)

Oh, sorry about posting in the wrong forum... I went ahead and ordered it, thanks guys...

And, i built his system for him a couple months back, it has a AMD 1800+, 256MB DDR 2100 RAM, and a Radeon 9100 128MB video card...

Debo420 said:
Oh, sorry about posting in the wrong forum... I went ahead and ordered it, thanks guys...

Don't be sorry. Its fine. We have all done that before. Best of luck with the ram! Hope everything works out great for you.

Matt

Back