• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

raid-0 raptors work good with my mobo? help plzz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karbon

kk, im in process of making christmas list ;D
i was gonna try to get 2 74gb raptors, but now i cant believe how expensive they are.......anyways i wanna get two 36.7gb raptors and put them on raid0. i hav a msi neo2 LS. im not sure if i would have to get a sata raid card, as my mobo has 2 sata connectors on it. heres the description from msi site

• 865PE Neo2-S [Standard Version, Serial ATA(SB)]
• 865PE Neo2-LS [10/100 LAN, Serial ATA(SB)]
• 865PE Neo2-FIS2R [GbE LAN, IEEE 1394, Serial ATA(SB),
Ultra/Serial ATA RAID(Promise)]

i kinda wish now that i got the FIS2R, but its kinda late now. so i suppose i would need an sata card??

heres the one i was looking at
http://www.newegg.com/app/Viewprodu...40&description=serial&srchFor=RocketRAID 1544

it does look like you'll need an add on card.

that should be a nice card, although it is 4 channels.

the 2 channel one, which would be enough for 2 disks, costs $52.

of course, if you do plan on using the added features of the 4 channel card, then get the 4 channel card.

im hoping that getting 2 sata drives would be an investment that i would be able to use in the future. of course, i would rather get the 74gb raptors thats just way too expensive IMO

Back