• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AAHAHHAAH! FRUSTRATED, please help....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hunka27

Registered
I have a gigabyte board with a 2.6C, i had one 512mb value select cosair ddr400 and was able to get my FSB up to 260. so i sold that and figured i'd do better overclocking with better ram. So i bought 2x256 dual channel DDR533 hyperram from komusa. I can't get my FSB past 255. and i'm sure its not even 100% stable, haven't even bothered with prime yet. My voltage is up to 1.68 and any higher doesn't help any. I don't know what the hell to do, shouldn't i be able to get this higher. I thought this hyperram stuff is supposed to be awesome, thats what i read on here somewhere anyway...

Have you tried setting the CPU:RAM divider to 5:4?

no matter how good your RAM is, running at 260Mhz is gonna be pushing it.

there is no setting like that in my bios. All i have seen is the timings, and under the frequency adjustments where you change the voltage and FSB there's a setting for the memory freq. the choices are auto, 2, 1.6, 1.3. I'm not sure if thats the divider your talking about. Under the CPU database 260 seems to be about the average for my 2.6. I'm using watercooling so i would think i could go higher then this. Some guy using the komusa hyperram PC4000 said he reached 290. I would think PC4200 would do better.

you need to choose that 1.6. It's the 5:4 CPU:RAM divider.

I take it you have a Gigabyte motherboard?

Last edited:
yes i do... ok i'll give it a try but it doesn't really make sense to me... i have ddr533 and its not even running at 533 yet so there should be no reason to use the divider to make ir run slower right? and if there is why on earth is there ddr533?

i set my timings at what it was rated at, 3-8-4-4. I'm not home right now but i'm almost positive my power supply is 400. is that strong enough? If that were the proplem would unhooking the un necessary dvd, cd and hard drives make a difference just to see if that were the problem? i don't know how much power they use...

which brand is it? that's quite important.

unhook all the unnecessary stuff just to make sure, and check you voltages.

watch what happens when you load cpu to 100% with Prime 95 or something like that.

my power supply is 400w, i just checked... and all i see as far as a name is ColorCases. I unhooked everything and it made no difference. I'm not sure how to check the voltages.

I did some extra testing... i tested each RAM module, one worked up to 264, the other up to 262, together still only 255. pc 4200 should work until 266, i don't understand what the problem could be... any extra cpu coltage didn't do anything, and i used the loosest timings...

Back