• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy used 2500 routers? Ebay the best bet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hobogloves

Registered
I live in BC, Canada and am wondering if anyone knows of a good place to buy used CHEAP Cisco 2500 routers? I suppose this might not be the forum to ask as it is for overclocking.. just wondering what kind of population of networking guys we have, I go to BCIT and am training for my CCNP. I am wanting to either get one 2500 router with 2 ether ports (ie. 2514 series) or two single ether port routers and connect them with a serial v.35. Yes, this is for home use (also plan on setting up a domain controller for windows 2003 server in my house for my bro's and sis's haha) and then I'll get a switch for my LAN (cheapo d-link 8 port). Just for practice, it will be great, i hope i can get it going... unfortunately i don't have ALL that much money. The prices on ebay of 2500's are pretty sweet now as companies are dropping them left and right... the thing is the shipping, otherwise i'd get 2 2501's for example for $50 US and get it a goin. Thanks for the help to anyone who can...

I know where you're coming from. We used the Cisco 25xx series extensively in a networking class I took and I've toyed with the idea of getting one. Either placing a wanted ad somewhere or going to Ebay seems like the best way to get these...

Considering all cisco routers use the same IOS you should be able to settle for one of those 2501's, i was just looking at them the other day infact and for $50 you cant go wrong...as long as it works.

Considering they are no longer manufactored nor are they supported by Cisco (ie any 25xx router) i'd say Ebay would be best.

Back