• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair PC3200 saiz PC2700 in cpuz? Why is this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skinart

Hi all,

I sold a stick of ram to a freind here on the forums, and he saiz that when he goes into cpuz that it saiz that it is PC2700?

Its a PC3200 C2 v1.1 stick.

Does anyone know why it would be doing this?

This is what he saiz

"I ran it over here at my dad's and with the bios set to 400 Mhz ram timing it booted fine here but CPUz shows it as PC2700 with CAS=2.5 and with it set at 333Mhz in the bios it has CAS=2.0 and still shows as PC2700 in CPUz. So either way, it's showing as PC2700 on bootup on his MSI and my Epox and I updated both of the boards bios's this week so it's not a motherboard issue at this point from what I can tell."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chad

Thats because Corsair XMS PC3200C2 uses Winbond BH-"6" hand picked chips, 6ns = 166 mhz x 2 = 333 mhz DDR = PC2700

ahhh ok very kewl thanx you very much Malon

So everything is fine with this stick then?

Chad

CPU-Z detects SPD-programming. It has no way of knowing what chips are used in your memory. It detects a CAS of 2 and a SPD-programming relating CAS of 2 to DDR333.

You check your SPD by using CPU-Z SPD Infomation.

Back