• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forhead grease a good conductor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuriman

Forehead grease a good conductor?

I was just rubbing a heatsink on my forehead, and I thought, wow, that heatsink is realy cold. Then I tried rubbing it on my head with some ceramique in between, and it wasnt as cold. Maybe foerhead grease is a better conductor than ceramique? I dont know how you would get enough to use on a processor, but its an interesting concept that mother nature STILL beats even the best scientists.

Last edited:
You rubbed ceramique on your forehead? :eek: You, sir, are insane! :D But really... Our current thermal junk isn't very good. Toothpaste is actually better.

The good thing about the stuff we use on our CPU's, though, is that it is long lasting.

its an interesting concept that mother nature STILL beats even the best scientists.

Not always true. Bucky balls come to mind.

Interesting idea with forehead grease. I'm not willing to try it with my 1700+ though...

Forehead grease is oil-based, and oil doesnt evaporate nearly as much as water right?(if at all). Imagine bragging to your friends. "I just got some new FHG8. It outperforms FHG7 by almost 2.7%!"

Last edited:
eeuw...

I think for a fair test, you'll have to wash all the grease off your forhead before you do the test again. Also you need to let enough time to pass before you put the heatsink on your forehead again, as your forehead got cooled the first time, the second time won't seem as cold. Also the heatsink was probably still a little warm.

First, I hope your kidding.

Second, in order to compare, you need equal amounts of each substance. The grease on your forehead is a lot thinner than the ceramique.

Third, the ceramique also includes forehead grease in your test - unless you washed your head between tests which would affect your forehead temperature thus skewing the test.

Finally, I just want to mention that I had trouble finding words after reading the thread starting post. :eek:

What do you mean by "Encourage me"? I am totaly serious. Tommorow I will conduct some serious tests with my barton.

Well, I was reading the forums, and playing with the heatsink I got off my 9500, and I stuck it to my forehead. It was very cold. So I decided to try it with Ceramique. It wasnt quite as cold. It also slid a bit down my forehead. So I posted online.

I attached a celeron, and my ut2003 cd's. Cant attach anything too heavy. Plz try to stay on topic, and perhaps try this experiment too, and post results.

omg... either you are like... onto something big, or you need to shower o_O.
interesting theory though. and the comment about tooth paste being better, thats interesting, is there actual proof of this? next thing we know, people will be putting pit stick on their bartons at this rate....

I'm putting an xp2100+ system together tommorow. I'll try the toothpaste and post the results.

NOT!

Remove said:
I'm putting an xp2100+ system together tommorow. I'll try the toothpaste and post the results.

NOT!

Actually, you'd notice some pretty good temps... Until all of the water in the toothpaste dried up. Then your CPU would go to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back