• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NVN and bad FPS...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sHape oF gReY

Not too sure if this is the right place to post this but...

When i play NVN (SoU) at 1024x768 at 4AA and 16AS i get like 20-25 FPS which i think for my system is pretty low (see sig for specs). Is that normal? or is there something not right about that?

~peace

Something not right....

I get more than that at 1280x1024 with similar settings. XP @ 2375, 9700pro @ 375/350, cat 3.9's.

Do you have your AA turned on through the appliction, or your display settings? of both? The application settings allow 4x (I think), so if you have 8x turned on w/ you display settings and 4x inside the game enabled, that could potentially be a problem. I've been playing the game w/ all my in-game settings maxed at 1024x768 w/ no slowdowns... Sounds kinda weird to me.

sHape oF gReY said:
hmm in my ATI control panel AA slider is set to 4x and AS to 16.

Then in-game AA slider is at its max...

Try it w/o in-game AA, and your display settings at 8x... you might see an increase in fps... Might be too much work for the CPU/GPU w/ 2 different pieces of software telling it to run 4x AA.

YellowDart said:
Do you have your AA turned on through the appliction, or your display settings? of both? The application settings allow 4x (I think), so if you have 8x turned on w/ you display settings and 4x inside the game enabled, that could potentially be a problem. I've been playing the game w/ all my in-game settings maxed at 1024x768 w/ no slowdowns... Sounds kinda weird to me.

That is exactly what caused my problems with a 9700 pro. Disable AA in the game and leave it on in the ATI control panel as recommended above and it should solve your problem.

Back