• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

big full-tower case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you want big...Without the need to mod...Take a look at this Chieftech...7 fans without touching it...80m/m blow hole fan...80m/m fan in the "windowed" door...2 80's in the back...2 80's in the front (one mounts in the removable hard drive cage to cool it off) and a 92m/m fan above the power supply...:D

http://www.directron.com/ma01bd.html

AFIsoldier:
would the chieftech case be hard to mod to 92mm fans?
I am going to try this on my Chieftec when the fans come in the next couple days. From what I heard it shouldn't be that hard. I will let you know how it turns out. :D

I'm going to be cutting the stock 80mm grills off. Then widening the openings so the 92mm's flow properly. Once thats done I am going to drill the holes for the fan screws. Clean up, hook up and go. Thats the plan :D

Unfortunaly I don't have one :( I'm going to be using a pair of 6in cutting pliers. I'm sure its going to be a big pain in the butt making the holes bigger this way. I just don't have any other choice right now.

Yup, that would be a pain, but as far as it goes, any 1 case is about the same bite in the ballz to put 92mm fans in the 80mm fan holes. I modded my Aopen h700B for a 120mm in the front, and seeing as how there are 4 exausts on the back i left them 80mm and got 4 80mm low db fans. I did however remove the fan grills with a pair of angle cutters. :D. easy cheesy.

For the Aopen i think it would be pretty easy to mod the top exausts above the psu for 2 92mm fans, the lower ones may be tougher cuz they're part of the slide out mobo tray. Still could do it probably though.

J.

oh, btw, the Aopen case is about 4" taller than the chieftec. doesn't seem like much but when u see the two side by side, the Aopen makes the cheiftec look like a mid tower or something :D.

Sorry to jack the thread. But does anybody know a case that can fit two 120mm fans in front? I don't mind doing some modding. I want to add a big heater core for water cooling that's why.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

you can get two 92s into the front of a chieftec dragon with only one of the drive bays removed, i have one with 2 92s in the front, one 92 in the rear and one 92 in the top, but its gonna be alot of work with cutters rather than a dremel or a jig saw.

i vote for Aopen. im about to get a H700B myself for a WC rig. its the best looking case with all that extra room for a rad up top.

also is there much price difference betwen the two case types, chieftech or aopen??

Hookem said:
If you want big...Without the need to mod...Take a look at this Chieftech...7 fans without touching it...80m/m blow hole fan...80m/m fan in the "windowed" door...2 80's in the back...2 80's in the front (one mounts in the removable hard drive cage to cool it off) and a 92m/m fan above the power supply...:D

http://www.directron.com/ma01bd.html
I just got this one in white there is plenty of room I have my heater core above my PSU with shroud and 120 (custom bracket) I think you should have more than enough air flow through this case with the stock fan set up you will find the grills that are built in are free flowing and there is a good flow design to this case.

Actually the Chieftec Matrix is about 1.5" taller than the Aopen tower if going by the links provided. I would agree the Aopen would be 4" taller if you compare it to the Dragon series. I have the Black Matrix and love it. Plenty of room dor modding and such. When I decide to do some watercooling I plan on mounting it above the PSU where the 92mm fan is but not sure how I plan on doing it just yet, but plenty of room to do it up there and get it out of the way of the rest of the stuff.

Tread

tread70 said:
Actually the Chieftec Matrix is about 1.5" taller than the Aopen tower if going by the links provided. I would agree the Aopen would be 4" taller if you compare it to the Dragon series. I have the Black Matrix and love it. Plenty of room dor modding and such. When I decide to do some watercooling I plan on mounting it above the PSU where the 92mm fan is but not sure how I plan on doing it just yet, but plenty of room to do it up there and get it out of the way of the rest of the stuff.

Tread

Ay, that is correct. Most people use the Dragon.

3 points for the Aopen though, the best slide out mobo tray i've ever seen, HDD cage above the PSU, and 3rd, (this i know from hands on experience) the Aopen is built more solidly. a small elephant could use it for a stool :D.

J.

Back