• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with my RAID (very slow) PLEASE!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AzN_LuvER_4_LyF

I had 2 60GB ATA133 Maxtor drives w/ 8mb cache and had them RAIDed together on my on-board RAID controller (Promise Fasttrack tx2000) and I was getting transfer speeds of 56MB/sec. The controler only supported 2 drives and so I got a promise Fasttrack SX4000 and 2 more 60GB Maxtors (all specs still the same) and RAIDed them together in RAID 0 and threw in 256MB of pc133 SDRAM as cache on the controller and one hard drive on each channel (thats the max). So I reinstalled windows and now get 30MB/sec with 4 hard drives in RAID 0. I threw the controller in another computer and got 60MB/sec, but i should be getting around 80MB/sec. Here is a link to the controler: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...=11&manufactory=1119&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

anybody know whats going on or what could help? thanks :)

Showimage.asp

I dont have the slightest idea. I would think 80mbs should be cake with 4 drives. Have you tried it without the ram stick, just to see? Have you tried using different sized clusters in the raid setup?

Edit: Scratch the no memory idea. It has to have it. Nice controller though. Have you tried the latest BIOS for it?

Last edited:
i have the latest BIOS and drivers for the controller and have tried a bunch of different memory sticks, looked for stuff on it around the web, looked on promise's site, tried upping my PCI clock and i'm about to call promise. I think i'm SOL. :'(

There seems to be a bunch of features on that card, most of which I dont know the first thing about. Sounds like you have covered everything I can think of. I would think it should do better than that though. Sorry I cant really help. Keep me posted. Good luck

i tryed a couple more sticks of RAM including ECC and lowered my PCI latency timer to 32 and managed to get it up to 42MB/sec, but then it went right back down to 32MB/sec. Tried changing the PCI slot, tried 3 different slots. i also tried changing the drivers. i'm gonna call promise today and see what they say about it. thanks for your help :)

Back