• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the source of my o/c prob?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Hi,

I was wondering if someone here would be able to tell me whats causing my blue screens in windows. Ive o/c my cpu to 3.38-3.43 however once in a while i get a blue screen that says something about dumping physical memory... then goes through the process of 1.2.3.4.5..6.....10....60....100 and then restarts. Is this a ram prob? Is it a cpu prob? mobo?

please help
thnx

Download memtest86 and put it on a floppy. Reboot and let it run all the tests. Then you will know for sure if its the memory rather then speculate.

If you get no errors in memtest then you can rule out memory and go from there.

okay i ran memtest86 v3 twice and here are the results:

1st time: on test #5 (Block move,64moves,cached, 96k-511M)
I got 70 errors. When the test was looped back to test #1 the computer froze at test #3.
2nd time: same errors in test #5 and then a frozen computer at test #7 of the first loop.

Currently I have my ram set to 320 dram freq and the ram timings I have are 2.5,4,4,8,4
and my fsb is at 274

so what should I do?

some updates:
I tried running memtest86 with my cpu at default 2.4ghz with ram timings on auto and all voltages and ratios to default settings. I ran the test and I didnt get any errors however the tests froze again. I got to test #4 of the second loop before the computer just froze... well, the curser still flashes but nothing happens with the progress of the test.
ANyone know whats the prob? do i need to send these rams back?

I'm not sure...freezing at stock speeds definately isn't good.

where does it freeze at?

and make sure that EVERYTHING is at default, including the little hidden things in the BIOS..

at first glance I was thinking that it wasn't a RAM problem and maybe a HD problem..make sure you have your PCI/AGP busses LOCKED

everything is on default or auto. The agp/pci is at 66/33 and all cpu or ram settings are bios defaults.

dude u have an almost 1 gig to over 1 gig overclock an u wonder why u got bluescreens .....can u say uve hit the wall..
run prime 95 for a day or so an if it keeps failing ur gonna have to underclock

Back