• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vidio card and MSI6120 board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arden

I have this older MSI board setup and trying to replace ATI Rage Pro2 card. I've tried 2 GeForce 2 MX cards and a Voodoo3 3000 and comp will not boot. I get a series of beeps and no post. All of the cards work in other computers. Anyone have any ideas?

I imagine the problem has to do with the board being only compatible with AGP 2X, or something and not liking AGP 4X, or something similar to that.

Are the slots in the new AGP cards, in the same place as your ATI Rage Pro2 card? Slot position is the easy way to see whether a card is AGP 2X, 4X, etc.

Slots are the same as the voodoo card, just one slot . The geforce cards have 2 slots. Cain't figgure why voodoo card wont work.Thanks

Sounds like your Geforce cards are 4X, then. I don't know what kind of slots your board has, but this may be the problem.

Your Voodoo card has just one slot? Is it in the same position as your ATI card? Are you sure that the Voodoo card works? (in other boards)

Yes i'm sure it works .I tried it in another comp. All I get is a series of about 10 beeps.Put ATI card back in and works fine.Not a really big problem because I dont use the duel processor computer for any gaming.Was just going to upgrade it some.Thanks(slots are same)

Back