• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

k7d master L + bartons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phiber

i want to know the level of difilculty in setting up a system with the k7d + 2x 2500+ bartons... and about how much this would cost? or maybe a better system that would overclock better... i would need to get waterblocks but i have a chiller that could cool them with and i have some muskin 2100 enhanced or w/e with 2-2-2 settings.. hit me up with ideas please thanks

was not to hard to do for me hardest part now is geting some unlocked bartons.
single cpu system will oc higher but smp is something else.
board about £130+ vat
2 x cpu at £60-£65 + vat
total £260+vat? at a guess as im not sure on the prices.

It would be a lot simpler to pick up some XP2600/266s and just do the single L5 bridge mod. I had dual XP2600/266s running at 2.3 GHz in my K7D Master L. The actually ran at 2.4 GHz (150 MGHz FSB) but my cheapo HS/Fans weren't up to the job. Modding the two chips took less than a minute. Some sites still have these for a little over $100 each. Just don't get the XP2600/333 or you'll have the same issue with the multipliers.

I don't think you would need a water cooling setup to get those bad boys running at 2.4 GHz. Just some top all copper HS from Thermalright should do the trick. The extra cache in those Bartons doesn't really do that much for performance.

DaveB said:
It would be a lot simpler to pick up some XP2600/266s and just do the single L5 bridge mod. I had dual XP2600/266s running at 2.3 GHz in my K7D Master L. The actually ran at 2.4 GHz (150 MGHz FSB) but my cheapo HS/Fans weren't up to the job. Modding the two chips took less than a minute. Some sites still have these for a little over $100 each. Just don't get the XP2600/333 or you'll have the same issue with the multipliers.

I don't think you would need a water cooling setup to get those bad boys running at 2.4 GHz. Just some top all copper HS from Thermalright should do the trick. The extra cache in those Bartons doesn't really do that much for performance.
your talking about xp2600 tbreds?

The only thing, DaveB, is that the 2600/266 procs are getting pretty scarce. He could also use the XP2400's and just have to blow 1-L3 bridge plus the MP mod though and the XP2400's are still widely available.

True, but it's a lot simpler with the XP2600/266s. A couple of places still have them so they can be found.

Back