• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCP600 + UV Dye

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Supa Koopa

Registered
Hi,

I am now the proud owner of a new MCP600. In the instructions it warns and I quote

"Use of coloring die or flourescent additives containing particulate fillers will cause excessive wear to the pumps impeller bearing"

I am using standard uv die which does not appear to have anything in it. Does anyone know if I am safe using this? Also am I safe using water wetter or is this a very picky pump?

Cheers

They might be talking about things like food coloring and the like. There have been reports of it clogging up small spots like in a cascade block so maybe it hurts the pump also.

I used 2-3 drops of food coloring "juice" (by juice I mean, I took the food coloring cream/paste or whatever that was and I filled the lil box up to the end (filled 30% w/ water) and used only that 30% and mix it up with 1L of distilled water) is that bad?

Suma.

Well that's okay then, at least the proper uv dye I have will be okay.

Thanks guys.

Now all I need to decide is which additive to use. Don't like the smell of water wetter or the fact it stains the tubes badly. Purple ice doesn't stop corrosion. So it looks like it's going to have to be normal anti freeze. But what ratio.

You know things were a lot easier when it was just air. I mean all you had to do was put on a bigger fan. :D

Is that what you use? Do you have trouble with stained tubes or with corrosion?

So what do you use now then?

I think I am mostly copper, but I am worried about the tank-o-matic which has anodised aluminium ends (I think it's anodised anyway) and the maze 4 gpu which is also anodised.

Just want to make sure I don't have nastiness going on in there.

90% Distilled water & 10% combo of methanol, isopropal & ethylene glycol with a bit of Woolite for UV glow in a system of copper/brass/stainless/titanium.

With your alum parts you most definetly need corrosion protection.

Bugger! :(

I guess I'll try the antifreeze for a change. Thanks for all the help, most appreciated.

Back