• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

V-Dimm Mods ---More Needed---

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

The most that I can get for V-Dimm right now is 3.17v

My 3.3v is sitting at 3.31 and I don't want to play with that.

I have heard that the V-Dimm is controlled by the 3.3v Rail, and increasing the 3.3v rail will increase the V-Dimm. I don't want my 3.3v any higher. Are there any other ways?

I assume (prolly wrong though) you have already done the mod - seeing as how you are at 3.17 (and the BIOS only scales to 2.9).

Easy enough then - use a lower value Potentiometer (Variable Resistor), and fine-tune adjust it more.

3.3 should be more than enough - past that you just need to shell out for better RAM ;)

felinusz said:
I assume (prolly wrong though) you have already done the mod - seeing as how you are at 3.17 (and the BIOS only scales to 2.9).

Easy enough then - use a lower value Potentiometer (Variable Resistor), and fine-tune adjust it more.

3.3 should be more than enough - past that you just need to shell out for better RAM ;)

The resisitor doen't make a difference. I have measured the resistance, then adjusted it further and the resistance has changed but V-Dimm has stayied the same.

I have heard that there is some other limiting factor, and I want to see if anyone knows exactly what it is, and if there is a work around. All I am after is 3.3v I've seen it done before on this board.

Weird - AFAIK it should scale as high as you want. I haven't done the mod, but I have seen many who have their VDIMM at ~3.3 on this board.

i just done the 3.3v mod to 3.6v mod... now my problem is y my vdimm in bios show dat my vdimm at 3.1v...

should i do vdimm mod also? how to measure my vdimm from motherboard?

i need at least 3.3v now

now i'm running at 238MHz 2-2-2-5 stable... my ram is khx pc3500 with winbond bh5... bios 10

I read somewhere you can't check the voltage in the bios after doing the mod because it shows up incorrectly. So bust out the multi meter and check it manually.

Biznatch said:
I read somewhere you can't check the voltage in the bios after doing the mod because it shows up incorrectly. So bust out the multi meter and check it manually.

ya... the problem is which part of mobo should i measure it... if u can give me more specific location ... i will measure it soon

Im planning on doing the vdimm mod in a few days and I was wondering what type of wire I should use and where/how do I mount the variable resistor on the board?

Back