• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Smoothwall 2.0 Releases Monday

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anvil82

Anyone besides me awaiting this release?

I have been hesitant to use any of the version 2 betas, and have been using smoothwall 1 for quite some time.

I can't wait, finally I can use port range forwarding, and not typing every single one manually. There's probably a lot more enhancements, but thats the only one I know I REALLY want.

Anyone use the version 2 betas?

www.smoothwall.org

anvil82 said:
Anyone besides me awaiting this release?

I have been hesitant to use any of the version 2 betas, and have been using smoothwall 1 for quite some time.

I can't wait, finally I can use port range forwarding, and not typing every single one manually. There's probably a lot more enhancements, but thats the only one I know I REALLY want.

Anyone use the version 2 betas?

www.smoothwall.org

cant get there from here...
Looks like they are getting hammered for the download because thier page is SLOW

Google cache and wget.

Here is Google's cache. It works fine if you turn off images, which come from the original source. I don't know which iso you'd be after, though. There are several 2.0 betas to choose from. Maybe it's just an old cached version.

Christoph said:
Google cache and wget.

www.smoothwall.org/get/+&hl=en&ie=UTF-8]Here[/url] is Google's cache. It works fine if you turn off images, which come from the original source. I don't know which iso you'd be after, though. There are several 2.0 betas to choose from. Maybe it's just an old cached version.

Yeah since 2.0 final, just came out today, I doubt it would be cached already.

It's definitely being hammered.

I've been using the Beta's for the last six months or so. They have all been great. Mostly little problems, like traffic graphs not working, and other cosmetic problems.

Overall, Smoothwall is my favorite Linux product EVER. I'm a total Linux noob, but even I can install, configure, run, and love Smoothwall.

5 out of 5 stars from me.

(I've already installed the 2.0 release and it is working great on four machines.)

Back