• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New To Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
on building my pc the first thing i proceeded to do was overclock my xp3000+ (400mhz version) to 3200+ by simply uping the multiplier from 10.5 default to 11, which gave me 2.2ghz. however i was hoping to, if posible, reach something more around 2.4/2.5ghz but retain stability. iv read around the forum but im confused by all this talk of voltages and fsbs etc? can anyone help me out on what to do and what the best approach to getting the speed i want is? i think iv included all the specs for my pc that you guys might need? if not just ask.
Also, as im unsure of where to post such a question, after reading my specs and comparing them to others on this site, why is my 3dmark2003 score so low? is it my hardware?
Thank you
Vrykyl :D

You have some graet hardware there, what I wanted to ask you is your full load temps with Prime95 (do a search on google for download link). This program will stress the CPU and heat it up pretty well, it will also test for CPU and/or system stability.
I've never heard of Levicom PSUs, so just to make sure, what are your voltage readings in MBM5 (motherboard monitor) when under full load?

read the amd faq sticky and browse through the posts in the forum it takes more than a day to learn how to efficiently overclock

Ok, i ran Prime95 (hence the time taken to post a reply) and it remained stable throughout. my load temp is around 65degs!!! is that bad? Im thinking of replacing my heatsink and fan with a new Thermalright SP97 and 92mm high spped fan to cool it down though. is my hardware up to much then? iv been told my gfx card and RAM isnt up to much. was putting arctic silver 5 between my cpu and heatsink a good idea? a friend told me it was advisable if i wanted to overclock.

my voltage readings were -
1.66 1.66 3.33 4.87 11.55
but i have no idea what that means...i just ead it off the dashboard.
thanks "The Coolest"

Vrykyl

Back