• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a GPU Throttling program out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dguy6789

Ok you guys, I have a radeon 9600 pro, and was thinking i could make it last longer if i had it run at like 100/200 in windows then ramp it up to 450/650 in games. This should increase life of the gpu right?

Is there a program out that can detect if something 3d is being launched, then clock it up or down to settings i want?

I don't think so, but this isn't really something to worry about as the card will probably last long past the time when its too slow for your needs. Clock speeds at idle will not matter much at all.

Running you car at lower then stock speeds wont get any extra life from your card. Theres a reason they set those speeds at stock ;)

if you use rage3d tweak , you can have diff overclock profiles for certains games , so you could have it run stock in windows and overclock for games. i just leave mine overclocked all the time.

Back