• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Electric bill question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToolBox

How much do you think running a phase-change system [Prommy, Vapchill, custom] on your electric bill?

Well, depends on where you live, which model and how much you run it for in a month.

I don't have any exact #s for you, but it can have a noticeable effect on your electric bill if you run it 24/7

well running my 1/4 minifridge 24/7 ran the bill up about 20 bucks a month
I live in North Carolina USA so it may be the kilowatt hour rating here....but theres you a start aye?

Well the vapos and prommies run off your psu and only cool a inch diameter circle so its not gonna have that much of an effect whereas a fridge is designed to cool an entire area thus requring much more electricity.

well, electricity is 7.45cents a KwH. BTW, using Kw/Hr is incorrect, if you ever do this you will mess up your calculations. If you want to work with KwH, the equivelent is Joules. Just multiply the amount of KwH's by 3600 for joules. Wish they could use Megajoules on your electric bill (I.E. 3.6MJ = 1KwH).

Back