• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Linux Folder

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

9mmCensor

Disabled
Ok so I want to fold with linux (during the night) and windows during the day. But need some help setting up the f@h in linux, as my knowledge of linux is small but growing.

I am running 9.2 Mandrake and don't know which Console to use (regual or B???)... also how do I install them?

THanks
9mmCensor

Download the linux console (beta is fine)

Put it in a dir of your choice. Then, make sure you have permissions to run the executable.

./FAH3Consolexxxx.exe (I forget what the linux console is called) will run the program if you are in the current directory. You can add flags after it if you'd like.

download anything you like (as long as it's for the linux version) then type
1/ chmod u+x filename
2/ ./filename -forceSSE -advmethods
3/ you're done :D

if you want to shut it down, just do Crtl+C

v

I would use the windows client in wine if you'll be switching back and forth, that way you have one folding client for both OS's and they will each work on the asme wu. Stick it on a Fat32/vfat partition both OS's can access. And try my winefolding script in the /bin sticky in Alt OS.

Last edited:
Back