• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do NOT buy Star Wars Galaxies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sterculus

I received this email from a Sony customer service guy today:
Hello,

Your account, sterculus, has been under review for banning due to having your Jedi enabled account up for sale on Ebay. I am sorry to inform you that after careful consideration it has been decided to remove your access to the account permanently. Your credit card will no longer be billed for the subscription to this account.

I regret that this action was necessary.

We thank you for your patronage and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Bruce W Economy
CS Supervisor
Star Wars Galaxies
Sony Online Entertainment
[email protected]

http://www.station.sony.com

I was not a jedi. My main character was on Kauri to play with some friends from school, which is why I never ended up playing with you guys here who play on Scylla. Moreover, I definitally was not selling the account. This seems to be a random deletion of my account, which I played for hundreds of hours...
[/vent]
A friend should be posting this on the Sony forums. I'd appreciate it if you guys who play would make sure this stays out in the open: I think people should know about this.
Needless to say, unless there is some sort of positive outcome, I will not be buying any more Sony products.

Call CSR on the phone and complain. A guild mate of mines had his alt's account closed for no reason. Not quite sure yet if he got it straighten out yet.

You got his email and name... b1tch and moan till you get back what was yours and hopefully they will throw in some free stuff (subscription) to get you to shut up.

yeah go complain they will fix it,, they better,, i know my friends guild would put up a sh*t fit if they didnt fix it..

They now say that they were mistaken about the jedi part - tells you how much they investigated this first. However, they still insist that they somehow linked screenshots from an auction to my accout.
I've been trading emails with the guy. I'm not going to let this die. I'll probably call tomorrow. I've asked for a link to the auction, but he hasn't given me one. You would think that after all their investigation they would be able to produce a link.

Sterculus said:
They now say that they were mistaken about the jedi part - tells you how much they investigated this first. However, they still insist that they somehow linked screenshots from an auction to my accout.
I've been trading emails with the guy. I'm not going to let this die. I'll probably call tomorrow. I've asked for a link to the auction, but he hasn't given me one. You would think that after all their investigation they would be able to produce a link.

You know you would... Silly Sony and their sillynes. Take it to the grave and beyond I tell you!

First of all SWG sucks but i know how you feel and i think you should sue them for "hardships and false accusations" sony has alooooot of moola

Ask to see the screenshot. This is very peculiar behavior... Maybe Sony has something against you? I'd fail to see how Sony would know what accounts were being sold on ebay.

and here all along i thought i was missing out on something... :rolleyes:

sorry to hear about that...

Keep up the good fight.

It seems like they're just to proud to admit their fault.

arggh.. this makes me mad.

Just remember.. Sony's motto is:

"Its not what the customer wants, its what we like and feel like doing when we want to do it."

After playing SWG, overall... i would resent even thinking about buying sony products :mad:

(BTW, if you get someone to post on their forums about this issue... $50 says it'll get deleted and the poster will be banned, its typical of them not letting people tell it how it is.

Account e-baying first started with Ultima Online and sadly it's something that's always going to happen. Does their EULA state that you are not allowed to do this ? If so you may have some very ticked off people playing that game who were probably looking to do something such as that. That just makes me curious, keep us updated of course it's always interesting to know what the final outcome of being falsely accused is. I would definately recommend phoning them for sure.

Just my two cents

J :cool:

I've never played this game. But my guess is you're the victim of some doctored screenshots on ebay.

Still sounds like some bull though. Not like they warned you, or even gave you a heads up on what was happening. They just went ahead and did it.

If they don't help you there is a way to get revenge on Sony...

I played the game too and they screwed around with me. This is how you get back at them. Call your bank and tell them that Sony of America still has your credit card account online from many months ago and has refused to stop taking money from your account. Your bank will then take every single dollar you ever paid Sony and give it BACK TO YOU! That's right, Sony messed with the wrong guy that time. I got every penny I ever gave Sonyt back. They left me no option and I had no choice. They messed with my account, my chars, and my bills. They never returned E-Mails or phone calls and that is what they get. So dfo yourself a favor and get your money back from that crappy game.

Tough break man. I would not go tothe extremes of TommyHolly yet. I would call them and e mail them and raise all kinds of holy h3ll. Then if you cannot resolve the problem go for all the marbles.
good luck

Sounds like a typical bs situation to me. I wouldn't bother with emails, I wouldn't think much will be done. Go straight for the phone and just keep going up the ladder untill someone admits fault and fixes it. Just be cool about it and things will get worked out. Good luck.

Oh the evils of sony, YOU BOUGHT MY FAVORITE GAME :( THEN SOLD ALL THE PROGRAMMERS OFF TO OTHER GAMES. I dont like SOE at all because they are evil *******s and they are out to dominate the world.
In reality though they WILL delete anyone who speaks against them and say that person didnt exist.

Back