• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just received my 2.8C and turned out to be a SLGWT instead of SL6Z5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shootingblanks

How does the SLGWT overclock? Should I RMA it and try to get a guranteed SL6Z5, or just stick with the one I got? Is there really much enhanced performance for overclockibility between these two? thanks.

what if you RMA again and you still dont get a SL6Z5?

will you keep tryin?

i say go with this proc an see how far you can get...with a SL6Z5 there is no guarantee of high overclock either (same with SL6Z3)

Unless the step was gar. then you shouldnt be RMAing it just becasue you didnt get the exact stepping you wanted..by the time you end up RMAing them all and paying the restocking fee...you could end up having the cost of 1 or 2 more CPU's...do like jlo stated...you never know...you might of won the lottery and this CPU might be the lucky one that OCes better then the SL6Z5's...

My 2.8C is a SL6WJ with a pack date of April 4, 2003 and I'm able to get 3.5 gig. It might surprise you.

Back