• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Rig..... Suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daNo-

I'm buying tomorrow:

2.4C (SL6Z3)
P4C800-E DLX
2x256 KHX PC-3200 (non-A)
Thermalright SP-94 w/ TT SmartFan II
Samsung Floppy Drive :D

I will be adding this into the rig i have below...

What do you guys think? What should i expect for OCing this?

Thanks

Last edited:
You should get 3Ghz. I did on my 2.4B although I can't use it yet :( . Is that thing going to be on water? If your going to expect some heavy oc'ing out of it you should install a water cooling system in there. If your going to be on air you should still be able to get a decent overclock out of it. Make sure you slap some AS3 thermal compound or better on there. Good luck

Im going to set some coolermaster premium thermal compound....
I can't go onto h2o ($$$) :(... Anyways i thought i would get more of this rig... :(

Thanks though for your reply

Any more comments and advice? :D

That's going to be a nice setup. You'll get way more than 3 gig. Some of those M0 steppings will do 3.5 to 3.6 gig.

I barely made it into the watercooling overclockers world. You can start with a cheapy Iceberg 1 kit and add better parts as you go. It's mostly all universal although you may have to buy/make pipe adapters. Once you get 100 posts check out the classifieds. They have some pretty neat things in there that I'm sure you could use. Have fun with your new rig and don't let those spare CPU cycles go to waste. Have that bad boy FOLD. Merry Christmas

Thanks for your replies.. soon this saturday I'll get the parts together and see how it goes. Merry xmas 2 u 2 matrix

Back